Friday, June 11, 2010

WE MOVED..............

We...Joe and Self moved to Gujarat, Ahmedabad. Moving for sure is no more simple. All my life when we were in the Defence,it was easy, every two years or so, very rarely less,we would set to do our share of Bharat Darshan, see new places, make new friends, making a home every where we went, leaving a part of our heart behind. Then changed countries, got back to where we felt we belonged.

This move from Bangalore to Ahmedabad has been tough more so with the heartaches the packer and movers gave us.Broken stuff, delayed delivery etc.it had it all.Aggarwal Packers and Movers never again.

Landing here the heat hurt, but the atitude of the people, warmed us. This city rocks.I get a pleasant surprise every day.Broad roads, no power cuts, running water and so very gracious people. After having lived in these so called cosmopolitan cities Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore....the 'Autorickshaw walas'were a compete NO, NO....I never had the will or energy to travel in them. Joe would always end up taking them to the Police Station, what with faulty meters, excessive fares, and Bad attitudes. Here they let you sit in the AutoRickshaw first, and even if one has to travel half a mile, they willingly take you and yes all through the meter reading. Not one Auto wala has said faulty meter...I salute this breed of Service Providers.
'Ben' [Behen, Sister]thats what everybody calls you, I am actually starting to forget my name......

I now understand what a good Govt. can do...From one BJP run state to another I have come.And what a difference,no half a day power cuts, no narrow roads, no traffic jams... if this is what India is capable of, if this is what Growing India is,....I am so proud to be Indian.I love this place already.

11 comments:

Piper .. said...

Mam, I`m really happy that you`re liking the new place. MOving to another town can be quite a pain. Ahmadabad is a great place! My cousins were there for quite a few years. While I am happy about you settling down, I cant help commenting about the govt you talk about. Narendra Modi??? Oh PLease! If there is a bigger crook alive in India, it is this man! But that`s a personal view :) So no offence meant of course!

N said...

awesome.. You like the city already, thats nice..
All i can think of is mouth watering dhoklas & khandvis & how can I forget dhabelis :)

Usha Pisharody said...

Wonderful to know that the new place agrees with you :)

Much luck and good wishes to you as you settle down :)

God Bless!

Poonam J said...

Hi Piper.....This city isso full of life,the people here make time for others....as fo Narendra Modi...he is living upto the promise of Bijli Paani nd Broad Roads....I save my political views for now...

Poonam J said...

Hi Usha and N.......If only I could get Bangalore weather here, I guess I might grow roots here...really what impresses me besides the food is the nice blend of modernity with traditional...and yes no power cuts...uff Bangalore had more than 8 hrs. of powercuts,we had power backups..but the city was on a decline, while here, the growth is visible.... Thank you for your wishes Usha

Indyeah said...

Poonam many people I know..friends acquaintances...all have praised Gujarat like anything...my girl friends feel secure there...like they have never felt before..

And everyone praises the level of efficiency.
I think something is going really right with that government and that state.


http://tinyurl.com/2dgh2hh

A house warming gift. Amen:)
For your little ones who are not so little anymore and their heart of heart who are yours and JP sir's lil toys:)

newmumontheblock said...

Hey you're in Ahmedabad, that's where I did my MBA some years ago and have fond memories of the place! Hope you have a wonderful time there, it really is a lovely city and I agree the autowallas there are a different, genteel breed altogether, unlike their ilk in other parts of the country! We have a lot in common- my dad was in the Defence too and the two year move & Bharat Darshan was a part of our lives too :) And have had a similar experience with Aggarwal Movers and Packers- they should be renamed to Aggarwal Looters and Breakers!

Poonam J said...

Hi Indyeah.....am making the bes of my time here, The weather...if only I had a magic wand...but yes unlike Bangalore this city hums a pleasant mix of modernity and traditions..am looking forward to the Navratras in October.Yes, Modi is doing something right, his past though keeps hounding him...and rightly so.
Thank you for your lovely housewarming gift.

Poonam J said...

Hi NMB...Welcome to my space...nice name you have here for Aggarwal P nd M.Yes, this is a nice city...U from a defence Family too....so well u can relate to our life.

ruchi puri said...

Agreed with u,almost same experience when I came to this city...

ruchi puri said...

loves the way you described apnu Amdavad..