Thursday, May 7, 2009

UNDERSTANDING MYSELF THRU MY BELIEFS......

Life has gone by, looking for answers, seeking peace, living up to expectations, trying to do the right thing... …I have always been bound by somebody’s wisdom, their theory, their belief, their opinion…making my life a mimicry of the ones who touched my life.
I am always trying to be the person I’d like to be, never taking a moment to wonder to think the person I am, who too was born with my brain, along with the face God gave me, wanting me to live my life the way I chose..

There is always a desire, to be in charge of myself, to be my own person. To discover am I more than I realize? One life is all I have. I believe in living it.
Before anyone else tells me who am I, I need to find out for myself. I need to see myself thru my own eyes than thru others. I do need to discover myself, take my life in my own hands and see what happens. So I shall try to discover myself thru My Beliefs…and shall pen them ….

Today…. My Beliefs on My God, My Religion….

I live life with God in every thought. He has no shape, no face, no Religion. He is there in nature, in all Human Beings. When I see Good I know He is there, when I see Bad and Evil, I know He shall come this way too.

My Religion is personal; it is a way of my life. Yet, becaz my religious experiences are in the form of liberty, faith, generosity, passion, compassion it is easier to express.

Religion to me teaches me to connect with my soul, that’s where My God resides. He is my inner voice, who guides me towards goodness and Righteousness.

My God always rewards me. There is no punishment. When ever I face any darkness in life, He rewards me with Brightness. Light at the end of a dark tunnel, is what My God holds.

My religion encourages me to Grow, so I question, and not adopt to any rationale blindly. With each perspective, I grow in vision and stature. It allows me to respect the views of others how ever different are they to mine.

My religion is always changing shapes, evolving, modifying, never complete or final. My religion and self grow together.

My religion is the recognition of all my duties. I may fail in them, but I never ignore them.

My God is my mysterious motivator. He encourages me to discover the best in the Today that he bestows on me.

My God is more devoted to me than I am to Him. He looks after not only me, but my family and friends. His hand is invisible, yet strong.

My Religion, My God, both reside within me. I do not need to discover them in Temples, Church, and Gurudwara etc.
They reside in my heart and my brain. What I cannot resolve with my brain, I resolve with my heart. They encourage me to love myself first, so that I can love everything and every one around me.
My Religion, My God is not lived through my words, but through my Life.

8 comments:

Indyeah said...

Beautiful!!such an amazing definition of one's beliefs...of what one thinks god can be...

My religion encourages me to Grow, so I question, and not adopt to any rationale blindly. With each perspective, I grow in vision and stature. It allows me to respect the views of others how ever different are they to mine.

My religion is always changing shapes, evolving, modifying, never complete or final. My religion and self grow together.

wow!!You have said it far far more beautifully than I ever could:)
loved this:)


(((hugs))))

Solilo said...

Poonam ji, another gem from you. Even though I go to temples, I still agree with all your points.

In the end if I have to choose one then humanity weighs much above religion.

Indian Homemaker said...

Came here from your beautiful, inspiring comment on Chrysalis's blog.

Loved this post too, these words strike a special chord, "My Religion is personal; it is a way of my life. Yet, becaz my religious experiences are in the form of liberty, faith, generosity, passion, compassion it is easier to express."

Your words in the comment...
True Bhakti for me is a powerful positive social force which inspires me to pray everyday for universal peace and happiness. sum up my definition of bhakti too :)

Poonam J said...

Solilo....my mother had send me a beautiful forward on why go to temples...I guess I shall reproduce it here. I am not averse going to temples, I do go to...but if I donot I still can relate to my God....
Another gem from me...wow..am all smiles. Thank you

Poonam J said...

Indyeah...I could never say it better than you, but I do try.
My religion,my God....encourage me to believe in myself...when my world falls apart , they hold me together, and provide me the zeal to go thru all.Yes, we do evolve together..especially in our soltitude.

Poonam J said...

IHM....Thankyou..yes, my religion guides me but never governs me. Am glad you liked this blog.

Indyeah said...

I am just a novice while you speak from experience..I ramble and you ponder deep.....You write beautifully!and much more better than me :))
truly:)

(((hugs)))

Ashwadhy said...

Very refreshing! Wish every single human could find faith in its purest form. God bless and all the best.